Plant Green Beans
Green beans which are known as snap beans or string beans are the second most popular home garden vegetable being planted after tomatoes. This is due to the fact that they are easy to care for and these plants or vegetables also provide a good yield. They are the most-sought after plants as they are always used in culinary dishes such as casserole recipes, stir-fries or they can be eaten just like that. Green beans are known to be healthy and good for the health. Green beans which are several inches long with either round or flat shape normally come in green colors but in different places or countries, you can also find purple, red, yellow and streaked beans. These beans usually are picked at a young and tender stage before it is fully developed. Here are some instructions on how to properly grow and plant green beans.
What you need:
- Green bean seeds
- Green bean seeds are suitable to be planted in an area that has warm and gains full sun location which is totally free of frost. The garden temperature must always be above 65 degrees and according to garden experts the soil must be at least 70°F in order to produce healthier green beans.
- Determine the suitable land for planting the green bean with its soil well drained. Besides that, the soil must be fertilized in order to guarantee that you will receive plentiful and healthier crops. You must also ensure that the soil has not been planted with other types of beans, potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce or cabbage so as not to mess it up. According to garden experts, it is recommended to move green bean plantings to a different location yearly or at least once in every three years to prevent their roots being infected by any diseases.
- The fertilizing of the plant needs to be continued even when they are growing to ensure the plant\’s healthy growth. Use a method of scattering 1/2 cup of fertilizer above each 10-foot row of beans and water the fertilizer well into the plants soil.
- The next step is to dig holes of at least 1-inch to 2-inch deep which is a suitable depth for the green bean seeds. You need to sow the seeds apart at least 2-inch between them so that they get messed or be entangled together. In order to get the optimal growth, you must keep the seeds wet while they are germinating.
- Apart from that, try to separate the rows by at least 18-inch to 20-inch in order to provide the plants with enough space for them to grow properly so that the end results will be satisfying.
- Finally, you need to place a railing or trellis right by the side of the green bean plants because once they start to grow, the green beans need this kind of support and also they won\’t seem messy and dirty.