In the United States alone the average usage of toilet paper comes to more than 100 single rolls (at least 21,000 sheets) in a year. It is a common item to be used for bathroom hygiene, for nose care, wiping up spills, removing makeup and for doing small bathroom cleaning chores. It is also estimated that for a single roll will last only for five days in every household. Below are some of the tips and ideas on how to recycle toilet paper.
What you need:
- Toilet paper rolls
- Plastic wrap
- Rice or beans
- Construction paper
- One of the ways to recycle toilet paper is to use it as a holder for extra flash-light batteries. This is a convenient solution in keeping the extra batteries together with the flashlight.
- You can also use it to make maracas along with some other items such as rice/beans, plastic wrap, tape and construction paper. Maracas is a small percussion instrument originated from Latin American which rattles when shaken along with your music tune.
- In order to make the maracas, you have to tape plastic wrap over one end of the toilet paper tube and then fill in side of the tube with at least eighth cup of beans or rice. Next, you can tape plastic wrap over its open end. After that, cut a piece of your construction paper according to the length and width of the toilet paper tube and then tape it to the roll.
- Other things that you choose to recycle the toilet paper rolls are for planting seeds in the garden. You need to place the rolls upright inside a container along with a layer of dirt so that the rolls can hold without falling over (at least at the roll\’s halfway mark). After that, you need to toss the seeds of your preferred plant before filling the container with some more soils. Next, you have to water them and keep them in the sun. Whenever you notice that the root has started to come out, you have to dig a hole in your garden for planting the roll. By watering the plant also helps the toilet paper roll to be recycle automatically back into the soil.
- In order to help the environment, you can also use toilet paper which is made of recycle paper.