The kitchen area is one of the most used departments in a household and it is also the hardest room to clean. Having a bright and sparkling refrigerator would definitely help in making your kitchen look better if you have the budget and can afford to remodel your refrigerator with a new one. If you are on a low budget, you can still use the old refrigerator and make it to look like a brand new refrigerator. Below are some of the steps to enable you to remodel your refrigerator.
What you need:
- Appliance paint (with your preferred colour) or Spray paint
- Brush for paint job
- Masking tape or special painters tape
- Stainless steel contact paper
- The first thing that you have to do is to clean your old refrigerator starting by removing all the food and also clean the inside compartment of the fridge. You can use an old toothbrush for cleaning the gasket which is the seal around the door, thus making the refrigerator more efficient.
- One more option that you can do is to re-paint the colour of the refrigerator according to your preferred colour using appliance paint (not regular wall paint). This is because wall paint will chip off after just a few uses and will make the condition of the fridge worse than before. Meanwhile, the appliance paint is a good choice to use because it can stand up to the temperature changes of the refrigerator. The only area needed to paint is the top, sides and the door sections.
- Make sure that you use masking tape or special painters tape in order to cover the refrigerator\’s handle, its floor, nearby cabinets and the door\’s seal. If you are using spray paint, you need to cover the coils that reside on the back of the fridge.
- If you do not want to use paint, another option is to use stainless steel contact paper (purchase contact paper which is designed for metal usage) where you can apply it carefully and always ensure that the edges are clean and straight. Cover your fridge completely and smooth out any bubbles that crop up by using a ruler.
- The above are some of the method that can be used to remodel your refrigerator if you are on a tight budget and will definitely provide your entire kitchen with a sparkling new look.