One of the best solutions in removing stains on your carpet is to immediately clean the spills, stains or dirt right after they happen. You can also remove stains by using either using cleaning products or just by using your existing household products such as detergents, rubbing alcohol, vinegar or lemon juice. Below are some of the steps to enable you to remove stains on your carpet where some of it is an economical solution.
What you need:
- Detergent solution (hand soap or dish soap)
- Steam cleaner
- Spray bottle
- White paper towels
- Isopropyl rubbing alcohol
- White Vinegar
- Warm water
- For removing pet stain on your carpet, you can choose to use ammonia solution, detergent solution or use a steam cleaner on the carpet. Add one teaspoon of your household type ammonia into a cup of water and mix it together. You can simply put the mixture into a spray bottle or just apply it on to the stained carpet directly. Do not forget to wet the affected area of the carpet first before doing this method. After you have done applying the solution, you can use white paper towels to blot and allow it to dry thoroughly.
- If you choose to use a detergent solution which can consist of hand soap or dish soap, add one quarter of a teaspoon from the mentioned combination into one quarter of water. You have to ensure that the detergent does not contain bleach or lanolin. After that, the first thing that you have to do is blot the stained area on the carpet using white paper towels for removing the stain as much as possible. Then, apply the detergent solution by using a spray bottle, rub the affected area and the next step is to blot out the stained, plus also the detergent.
- The other way to remove and clean pet stain is by using steam cleaner that can re-hydrate the stain and after using this type of method, you need to dry the carpet thoroughly.
- For removing the ink stain on your carpet, you can purchase Isopropyl rubbing alcohol from your local department store or grocery store and then apply it by pouring the item onto white paper towels. You have to blot it on the affected stained area until you manage to remove the ink stain. Always be extra careful not to spread the stain on other area. If it is a small stain, just blot it in one direction only.