Roaches can transfer deathly diseases such as e.coli and salmonella, so it is crucial to remove and to destroy these pests from any building. There are many types of roaches that can cause infestation problem, but they are particular in hospitals, offices, buildings with food handling and restaurants areas. There is a safe way to deal with roaches’ infestation without using chemical substance that could harm the environmental and human being. Here are the steps on how to do it.
You will need:
- Freezer or cold compartment.
- Roach sticky traps.
- First, check the building and determine where the roaches are entering. Most places for the roaches’ entrance are the sewer areas, which are warm, moist and dark places. These places are the typical hiding for the roaches.
- Then, sanitize the suspected area of roaches’ infestation. With sanitation, you will eliminate the food and water needed by the roaches to survive. Make sure to store your food and pet food properly.
- Place the sticky traps indoors before dark and place them around the areas where the roaches frequently congregate. These places include cabinets, under the sinks, along the baseboards and garbage bins. Avoid placing the sticky trap outside your house as the traps will be damaged by the elements and filled with debris.
- Clean the indoors by vacuuming the area with a strong machine equipped with a HEPA filter. The vacuuming will pick up the roaches in all life stages and also the skins and feces. Throw away the waste material outside the building.
- For small items such as toaster, you can insert it into a plastic bag and sealed before placing it into a freezer or outside of your home in subzero temperature for 5 days to kill the roaches.
- Install screens on doors, attic vents and windows. Place weatherproof on windows and doors. Seal any cracks with caulk to restrict the number of openings roaches use to enter a building. Remove any excessive mulch, thick vegetation and outdoor woodpiles around the buildings area.