It can be an overwhelming task to decorate your house for the New Year’s Eve party, as every year many of your guests will come with impressive dress up for this special event. Most will come dressed up with formal dress or even wear tux just like attending a funeral or a wedding day. While keeping your theme simple, you still can create a fun and joyous environment for your party. Simple decorations for your party do not mean to limit the decorations, you can purchase a lot of decorations with a much lower price in any discount store, party retailer or supply store. Here are some simple tips on how to decorate your house for a New Year’s Eve party.
You will need:
- Silver-Themed Decorations
- Crystal and Tea Lights
- Gold Starbursts
New Year’s Eve Party
- A New Year’s Eve party usually happens at night so a gold starbust will fit the theme perfectly. You can find these decorations with greater deals by searching online or at big home improvement retailers.
- Search for gold starbursts or any starbursts of other colors. Decorate your house by hanging the starbursts on the ceiling; add with balloon and floral arrangements for the table centerpieces.
- Gold confetti such as stars can be added to the tables as well. If you choose to use gold elements to your decorations, black or cream is great to offset gold settings. For 1970′s style, chairs and table can be draped in gold lame and provide each guests with a gold crown or a party hat to wear.
- Making a silver-themed party is elegant and simple to do, all you have to do is to buy or make your own silver foil decorations such as a disco ball or globe, ceiling and wall hangings, table decorations and streamers.
- You should then contrast your silver place settings with white, blue or red. This theme resembles the silver glitz of the Times Square ball that drops at midnight of New Year’s Eve.
- For the champagne and punch drinks, you can try a simple yet fancy decorating theme. The combination of crystal and tea lights is a good way to enhance your serving table. Place a crystal punch bowl and matching glasses for the centerpiece at a side of the serving table, and other trays with different mixed beverages in drinking glasses, stemware or glass pitchers.
- Serve the appetizers and hors d’oeuvres in another table, or create a buffet-style in crystal or glass trays. Cover all service tables with matching tablecloths.
- If you have any other interesting ideas or some put-ins that you feel are right for this project then go ahead and try them. When it comes to decorations, it doesn’t hurt to make the right choice with the right plan.