Take Care of Your Exhaust Fans
Good maintenance is important to keep your exhaust fan working properly and smoothly. The other reasons for that are you can save more on changing into a new exhaust fan and will be able to use it for a long time. Cleaning your exhaust fan is the way to take care of your exhaust fan to operate at the optimum level. Although the cleaning process will look dirty with the thick coating of grease and dust, it is not hard to clean it with the right way. Here are the steps on how you can do it.
You will need:
- Crevice tool vacuum attachments
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Window Cleaner
- Paper Towels
- Liquid Dish Soap
- Soft Rags
- Old Toothbrush
- First, it is important not to handle electrical equipments with electric source. So, turn off the power to the fan at the main fuse box. This will save you from the risk of electrocution.
- Then, remove the cover carefully by using a screwdriver if the cover is secured with screws. Soak the cover into hot water mix with dishwashing liquid. Use an old toothbrush to scrub the places that are hard to be reached for cleaning. Clean it with running water and leave it to dry off.
- Next, unplug the fan unit and pull it out. Place the fan unit on some cardboard or newspaper. You can use dry paper towels to wipe the fan unit down. When the dust is cleared away, you can take some spraying window cleaner on a soft cloth and wipe the blades down to clean them.
- Avoid using abrasive and scouring powders to clean the fan\’s parts. However, some of fan units can be removed or opened. To clean this type of exhaust fan, simply soak them in hot and soapy water.
- Take a vacuum crevice tool and vacuum out the enclosure. Wipe it clean with a dry cloth. Leave all the components of fan unit to dry completely. Make sure not to spray any liquid into the electrical parts or the fan.
- After the components dried, assemble the unit back together and then replace the cover. Turn on the main power and your fan unit will work smoothly.