Having home alarm systems for your house not only protect it from burglars or intruders, but it also adds more value to your property and sometimes attracts potential buyers if you want to sell the house. Some of the home security alarm system in the market today can even be installed by anybody by following its simple instructions, but if it is a sophisticated one you should let professional people do the job for you. In order to find the best solution of DIY home security alarm system, it really depend on what protection that you required for your house. You can install any type of the do-it-yourself home security systems as long as you follow the procedures set by your local regulations.
What you need to do:
- Look for the best security alarm company
- DIY home alarm system starter kit
- Consider using wireless security alarms
- Hardwire security alarms for longer usage
- Monitoring security systems
- Unmonitored systems
- Hybrid systems
- The best alarm monitoring company should be able to provide you with a complete set of procedures and written policies mentioning that the systems really works and in accordance to the requirements needed by customer, following the local regulations and also having high industry standards.
- Sufficient and experienced support staff should also be supplied by the company in explaining how the system works, its installation procedures and also how the process of monitoring is done by the company.
- You can purchase inexpensive DIY home security alarm system like the motion detector system, which you can install at your front door or even use more advanced systems that cost much more, but comes with multiple features and also good protections.
- There is also a DIY home alarm system starter kit, which includes fire and carbon monoxide detectors, door and window contacts, and motion detectors, that provides you with basic services and is able to be upgraded with other protections whenever the need arises.
- If you use a door and window contacts whenever your door or window is open the alarm system will be triggered; while the motion detectors are able to detect any movement within the specific area that you installed the system.
- As for add-on protections that you can upgrade to in future include glass breakage sensors, video surveillance cameras, plus also the intercoms systems.
- Although wireless DIY alarm systems are a modern and innovative way of securing your property, it is usually being used for mobile homes or for temporary usage. It is the easiest security system to install on your own, inexpensive and only operates using battery. Apart from that, it also has its own disadvantage such as the normal issues associated with all wireless devices like its battery life, jamming, blocking, interception and power limitations.
- Another option for you to consider is the hardwire security alarms, which is a permanent system for long term usage that can last up to six decades, a much more reliable and does not require any upgrades.
- For those of you who have no knowledge of wiring, it will be hard for you to install this type of systems. The advantage of using the hardwire security system is that it allows you to mix combination of detection devices in order to accomplish the best result from the systems. It also requires lesser maintenance or servicing as long as the wires are working accordingly.
- If you think it is not easy to install, you should hire certified electrician to do the installation because the hardwired system needs to be wired straight into your house electrical power source. Besides that, it also comes with back up batteries for emergency use whenever the power goes out.
- When you decide to use a monitored home alarm system, you should know that it will be connected to a central reporting station where the company that you hire is able to monitor the alarm system. By doing that, it enables them to notify local emergency personnel in case of emergency. Normally you will be required to pay monthly fee services to the company along with a long-term contract.
- You can also use an unmonitored system where this type of system will simply trigger an alarm in case of an emergency or intrusion. It also features a direct-dial option that enables you to automatically contact the local emergency personnel via its pre-programmed application. Whenever the system is triggered, the pre-programmed emergency numbers will be dialed automatically for you to ask for assistance.
- Finally, there are also the hybrid home security alarm systems, which are a combination of hardwired and wireless systems, along with several advance and sophisticated technology of home alarm features and capability. This system allows the house owner to be able to monitor their house from far away location just by using a cell phone or a notebook computer.