A proper installation of the solar hot water panels helps the system to provide efficiency in capturing the maximum solar energy in transforming it into heat energy and giving hot water to your house. Below is some of the information that can help you in finding the best place to install your Solar Hot Water panel.
What you need to take into consideration:
- Best position of the solar panel
- Storage tank
- Installation for maximal Solar Input
- Thermosyphon solar systems
- The solar panel must be angled or must face the sun enabling it to capture the solar radiation during the day. For example, if you are using an active system, it will be using a photo resister senses which works when the sunlight hits the panel. This will enable the system to automatically turn on the pump so that the pump will move the cold water into the series of tubes that are located in the panel. The energy gathered from the sun will pre-heat the water inside the solar collector, before it is pumped back through insulated pipes into the storage tank to be used by you as hot water.
- For maximizing the sun\’s energy, you need to install an adjustable solar panel (if possible) at the correct angle where it will capture the most sun, or facing south. During the summer when the sun is estimated to appear higher, the face of the solar panel should be placed facing directly to the sun. As for the winter time when the sun appears lower, you need to adjust the panel so that it will prop up a bit for taking in most of the sunlight.
- Use a passive Thermosyphon solar hot water system because it does not use electric pumps and controls for moving the water into the solar collector. This type of system uses the physical properties of heated water, for example, when it is heated the water will become less dense thus making it rise. This system is designed to have its storage tank above the solar panel. The cold water is pre-heated through the solar collector, and then rises through the pipe and into the insulated tank without the use of any controls, pumps or electrical components./span>