One of an ideal menu that should be prepared during the Christmas lunch is the Smoke Salmon Terrine which is a simple lunch menu to prepare during Christmas day along with roast potatoes. The combination of the mentioned menu will definitely bring in an added joy to your lunch gathering during Christmas celebration.
What you need:
- 500g thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 300g crème fraîche
- 100g cream cheese
- 5 table spoon of lemon juice
- 2 tea spoon of finely chopped fennel (optional)
- 3 table spoon of olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tea spoon of caster sugar
- 1 cucumber that has been sliced thinly
- Finely chopped fresh dill, chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- Smoked Salmon is an ancient method being used in culinary nowadays where it consists of cleaning and filleting fresh salmon fish. It is a very simple and fast menu to make which will take you at least 20 minutes (together with its chilling) to finish making it. It is recommended that you narrowly slice the smoked salmon from top to its tail or just use 5 large slices and cut it into half. The salmon will remain in good condition in the freezer for several weeks if it is not cut, therefore just cut off the slices that you will need only for the lunch.
- You can also use fine salt or sea salt to salting it by using your hand because it provides high-quality production and eliminates impurities and also excess moisture thus making it refine and balance the flavor without the need for additives or chemical products. Then, the salmon need to be exposed either to hot or cold smoking.
If you choose to buy smoked salmon, do not purchase it based on color because the colour varies depending on the method of smoking. Always look at the flesh which comes with a moist or oily appearance along with shining surface, instead of dried, and discoloured or one that has darkened edges.
- This type of menu provides us with nutritional values such as 9.5 g of Carbohydrates, 1 g of Fat, 1.4 g of Protein, plus it is also rich in calcium, iron, potassium and sulfur.
- If there is left-over of the smoked salmon terrines, it can be kept in the freezer but only for the salmon terrines and not the dressing and the cucumber.