Christmas time is getting near, and you just don’t have the idea to jazz up your Christmas ornaments. Instead of having your Christmas balls plain, turn them into fancy and fresh Christmas ornaments. Below is a great guideline on how to liven up your Christmas balls. It’s is simple and easy make. Feel free to decorate according your creativity and imagination:
Materials and tools you need:
- Plain-glass Christmas tree ornaments
- Acrylic paints
- Gold and silver paint markers
- Matte sprays.
- Gel markers
- Paper cups
How to make:
- Place 1 tablespoon of acrylic paint into a paper cup. The color depends on your own choice. Then, add 1 tablespoon of water and combine the two mixtures all together.
- Next, remove the top off the ball carefully. A tip on how to take off the Christmas ball’s top is by squeezing the wire loop. The top will come off without much difficulty.
- With a small funnel, carefully pour the acrylic paint and water mixture into the ball. Then, move the mixture to coat the inside by swirling the ball. Make sure the entire surface inside the ball is completely coated.
- Empty the ball with a cup if there is any excess of paint. Set aside the ball to let the paint dry for several hours.
- When the paint is dry, you can decorate the outside of the ball with any Christmas patterns you like such as stars, holy leaves or Santa Claus. You can draw the patterns with gel or metallic markers. You can find these markers in any craft stores or stationary shop with many types of colors. You can also add glitters to the balls to give that sparkling look.
- To protect the balls and giving neater look, finish with spraying a coat of matte spray. Finally, put the cap back on the ball. You can decorate the top with a pretty ribbon tie on it.