Different type of air conditioning systems is designed for different applications and the most common air conditioning units used are the window and split air conditioners. There are various types of air conditioner system and in order to choose one of the systems depending on factors like how large the area is to be cooled and also the total heat generated inside the enclosed area. In order to know the types of air conditioner and fans, below are some of the information that may be useful to you.
What you need to know:
- Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
- Portable Air Conditioner
- Window fan
- Floor fan
- One of the types is the Window-Mounted Air Conditioner which is cool, circulates, filters and also dehumidifies the surrounding air. It is designed from small units with up to 5,000 BTUs cooling capacity (which is enough to cool a small room) until as high as 12,500 BTUs. You also need to determine its efficiency by dividing its watt rating into the BTU output, and it should at least be having an Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of 9.7 for models under 8,000 BTU/hr and 9.8 for larger models.
- A portable air conditioner can be used to cool a small room of between 400 to 450 square feet. It is also suitable to be moved from room to room because it is mounted on wheels for easy movement. This unit is designed with both hot and cold side, window-venting kits, plus it is not permanently installed. It also comes with ether single or dual vent. The dual vent will circulate clean air back into the room and it generally cools faster than the single vent.
- For a lesser energy consumption, you can always use window fan which also contains no chlorofluorocarbons. As for a large window fans, it requires mounting kits and side panels. This panel will support the fan and also will prevent the air from circulating around and returning into the fan thus providing low performance. For smaller window fan units, it is easier to install because they come along with panels which is attached to the fan itself.
- You can also use floor fan (general size within the range of 10-inch to 12-inch in diameter) which can be moved anywhere inside your house to provide air movement for cooling the surrounding and air circulation. The unit also can be mounted in rectangular (will tile about 170° and may be used as a table fan) or round, hassock-type case (throws air outward and upward in a 360° direction) and even stand-mounted.