In order for you to have a unique item in your house, you can simply reuse or recycle old things and turn it into something that you can use. For example, an old door which is still in good condition can be restyled into a very stylish coffee table for your living hall or patio. This task works best using an old wood door (or old metal door if you prefer, but need to do some modifications) along with its base from an old coffee table. Below are some of the tips and ideas on how to build a coffee table by using old doors.
What you need:
- Old wood door
- Paint and stain supplies
- Drill along with drill bits
- Old table base
- 8 Metal \’L\’ shaped brackets 8
- First of all, you need to measure the door and cut it into size (one of two ways). The size of the door can overlap the reused base table or you can also cut it so that it matches the exact size of the base table. Then, you need to measure it to have an even fit before you start sanding all the surfaces.
- Next, you can paint it using high gloss paint with colour tone that matches to your existing furniture or house décor. The paint job needs to be done to all its surfaces inclusive of the base of the old wood table. When the paint has dried thoroughly, paint another coat of paint on top of it. You can also use stain to do light coating over the paint when it has dried completely. The end result will leave a lacquered look and also show the paint colour underneath.
- After that, you can use the \’L\’ brackets to attach the top to the bottom and then, hide them by placing it on the inside of the leg. Next, paint it using the same paint colour used for the wood. Ensure that you secure the top on both sides of each leg to make certain that the table is secured.
- If you like accessories, you can add a piece of glass on top of it thus it will also protect the wood, add flair and elegance to the coffee table.