The aeroponics system is a growing method which infuses oxygen into the nutrient solution and therefore allows the plant\’s root to absorb new nutrients easily and much faster. This technique involve the usage of sprayers, nebulizers, foggers, or other devices in order to create a fine mist of solution that can deliver nutrients to plant roots thus resulting in rapid growth that provides extraordinary yields. In order to do the aeroponic hydroponic systems, below is some of the information that may be useful to you.
What you need:
- Plastic tote with lid
- Net pots
- ½-inch-by-6-inch Poly cut-off nipple
- ¾-inch PVC pipe
- Four 360 degree micro sprayers
- 4-inch PVC knockout test cap
- Two ¾-inch Slip end caps
- 10? Closed cell foam gasket tape
- ¾-inch-by-¾-inch-by-½-inch Reducing threaded female PVC tee
- ½-inch ID transparent blue tubing
- ½-inch Barbed elbow
- 1 Tube clip
- 7/8-inch and 1/8-inch Drill bits
- Two 7/8-inch Hole saw or aviation snips
- Silicon Caulk
- Trace the position where you want to place the net pots for the system on the lid. Then, cut out the marked area and apply foam tape around perimeter of the inside lid.
- Calculate and cut the two 3/4-inch PVC pipes where its length should be as follows:
- (Length of the inside length of the plastic tote – 6 inch) / 2
- Insert the two pieces PVC into the slip ends of the PVC tee before attaching the slip end caps on them.
- Next, drill 4 equally spaced 1/8-inch holes along the PVC pipes to fit spray heads. If there are any leaks or you have cut the holes too big, you can use silicon caulk to seal any leaks.
- Tighten the ½-inch poly cut-off nipple into ½-inch female threaded reducing end of the tee. Make sure you tighten the whole assembly onto the pump outlet, but not overly tighten as it will damage the pump. After that, place the whole assembly into the reservoir.
- Make a small U shaped cut in one of the plant sites for power cord outlet.
- Fill in water into the reservoir, plug in the pump and turn it on to see whether there is any leakage. Then, place the lid over the reservoir and allow it to run for at least an hour to monitor any leakage.
- After that, place plants into their net pots and place it onto the lid where you have traced and cut out earlier.
- The growing medium around the stems should be covered with aluminum foil to keep the humidity in the reservoir. Ensure that the nutrient solution is checked periodically and clean the reservoir after each growth cycle.