Homemade decorations are still popular among every household especially during the Christmas season and the most popular decoration that is used is the wire ribbon decorations. The good thing about wired ribbon is that it does not need any theme for you to apply this type of decorations. Its ability to bend and twist allow you to create your own style of Christmas tree decorations depending on your creativity and some of the examples that can be created out of the wired ribbon are large bows with trailing ribbons, smaller bows attached to the branches, garlands, as well as tree toppers.
What you need to do:
- Wire cutters
- Floral wire
- Firstly, you need to form a loop of at least 6 inches starting from the end of the wired ribbon where the first 6 inches form one of the tails of your bow. You also need to make another loop and twist the wired ribbon in order to keep the loop shape.
- Once you have finished, you need to make another two or three more loops in order for the bow to look full. Then, cut the bow from the remainder of your wired ribbon and make sure that you leave enough ribbon to allow the creation of the second tail of your bow.
- After that, you have to cut at least 6 inches of your floral wire before wrapping it around the bow loops so that you would be able to keep them in place. Next, you have to gently shake the bow to fluff it before attaching the bow onto your Christmas tree.
- If you prefer to have a very large bow on top of your Christmas tree, you could use similar methods or steps as before. Two additional tails need to be made where you will hang the tails down through the tree before you start to bend the wire slightly in order for you to follow the natural contours of your Christmas tree and also continuing to drape the wired ribbon.
- Next step is for you to run several strands of your wired ribbon starting from the top of your Christmas tree until you reached the bottom of it. If you are using a different type of tree topper than the bow type mentioned above. Then, you have to set the tree topper on the top ends of your wired ribbon enabling the ribbon to look like cascades from under your tree topper.
- It is always recommended that you place your lights first on the tree before you start to decorate the tree with any wired ribbon. Always tuck and turn the wired ribbon allowing them to look as naturally as possible as if it is flowing down the Christmas tree.
- Once you have finished decorating the tree with wired ribbons, you can add other ornaments or decorations to provide a more varied and attractive look to the tree.