Creating one’s own creative and beautiful Christmas tree toppers to be displayed on the top of your Christmas tree certainly will make you feel proud of yourself. Example given below is a decoration for Christmas tree toppers which is easy to make that comes with a theme of a pretty angel along with charm and elegance. The design will definitely make her one of the family favorite decoration during the holiday season.
What you need:
- 2 doilies, 8 inches each
- Waxed paper
- White craft glue
- 6-inch foam cone
- 11/2-inch porcelain doll parts
- Paring knife
- Straight pins
- 1 can spray stiffener
- 2 rubber bands
- Hot glue gun, glue sticks
- 15 inches gold ribbon, 1/4 inch wide
- Wire cutters
- 4 gold ribbon roses, 1/2 inch each
- First of all, you need to clip a 1-inch-diameter hole in the center of a doily. Lay the doily on a waxed paper and apply white craft glue to the edges of the cut out center.
- Stick 2 or 3 toothpicks on top of foam cone and then place the porcelain head over the toothpicks. If you find that the head is still wobbling, thin the cone top with a paring knife.
- After that, you need to slip center hole of the doily over the angel\’s head and then press the glued edge of doily to top of doll\’s torso.
- Then, you have to arrange deep folds in the doily (re-arrange it accordingly). In order to keep the folds intact, you have to pin the bottom of these folds to the cone. Having done that, place it on a waxed paper and spray it with some stiffener. After that, let it dry out for a while.
- Take a waxed paper and then cut it into a different piece (about 11 inches long). On each end of these remaining rolls, the place rubber bands.
- Lay out the last doily on the waxed paper piece then continue by spraying it with a stiffener until it is soaked. Across the centre of the Doily, place a waxed paper roll and fold half of doily over the roll. After that, let it dry for a while.
- In order create its wings; you need to fold the top half of the doily back up to the centre fold so that the edge will be extended a little beyond the centre fold. You will have to use hot glue in order to glue the wings behind head.
- Then, take the angel from the foam cone and remove the pins. Look for the holes in the dress to push the arms through and make sure that the placement looks reasonable before you start to glue it. Turn over and apply hot glue to the underside of the angel dress which will, in turn, make the arm holds out nicely.
- Cut a 1/4-inch gold ribbon into the size of 3/4-inch to 1-inch to make a bow, trim the ribbon accordingly with your creativity and glue it to the doily.
With just a few imaginative ideas, you have already made a colourful and beautiful self made Christmas tree topper of your own without the need to purchase an expensive one.