A canopy is such a classic monument to have in the bedroom. We all would love a canopy in our bedrooms, but the most important thing to remember is whether it will fit in our bedrooms. A canopy gives our bed a whole different look. With curtains attached, it helps keep away unwanted flies; the ones that disturb us the most. In today’s age, most likely you will find a tiny canopy made for a baby’s crib. Well, it’s not entirely a canopy, but this is what it looks like in mini size. To have a canopy in your bedroom is lovely indeed. If you think that making a canopy for a bed is a hard task and some more, expensive you better think again because after reading this article, you would be able to have an idea on how to make it happen through simple ways and also affordable. The process of making the canopy bed will be even easier if you have step-by-step instructions along with pictures as a guide to complete the task.
What you need:
- PVC pipes or Wood
- Check your ceiling
- Determine the size of your bed
- Angle brackets
- Drapes or Netting
- The easiest way to create a canopy bed is by making its frame for your existing bed. You can use PVC pipes for its frame because it is cheap. The frame is for hanging the fabric that you are going to use for the canopy bed. Apart from PVC pipes, you can also use wood for building a four poster bed with a canopy; this is for those who like a more elegant and stronger look.
- Next, you must make sure that your ceiling is strong enough to handle the additional weight when the canopy is ready for usage.
- Then, you can start creating a basic bed of your preferred choice whether you want it to be a double bed, queen or king size bed.
- Ensure that you use the wood as part of the bed’s leg because this is where you will be attaching the upright of your canopy bed frame. After that, you need to determine the height of your frame so that you can use the appropriate measured wood or purchase it.
- It is recommended that the material for your frame should not be very heavy but strong enough to support your drapes.
- Once you have all the materials, build your canopy bed frame first and ensure that your dimensions are measured correctly. Use angle brackets in order to join the wood at every corner thus making it more secured.
- Once completed, you need to attach the uprights at the bed’s leg and make sure the upright touches the floor. From here on, you can proceed with hanging your drapes or netting according to your own styling.