In order to create fanciness and charm to your holiday dinner table, you can simply add a snowman-inspired centerpiece onto it. This decoration can be made as a part of your family activities between you and your children, as children love doing these types of decorations, by just using a few craft items and also with your own creativity so that it will have your very own personalized ideas during the celebrations. The homemade snowman table centerpiece is an inexpensive craft to create during the festive season and besides that it can be reused for years to come.
What you need to do:
- One 2-inch, one 2 1/2-inch and one 3-inch white Styrofoam balls
- Craft knife
- Black felt
- Tacky glue
- Orange pipe cleaner
- Wire cutters
- Two thin twigs (optional)
- Festive ribbon or felt or fabric strip
- Fake snow or cotton batting
- A small Christmas tree
- Holiday confetti
- Red and Green Ribbons
- Candy canes
Snowman Table Centerpieces
- Firstly, you need to gather white Styrofoam balls with several sizes with one in 2-inch size, another one with 2 1/2-inch size and the third one with 3-inch size. Once you manage to gather all of them, use a craft knife to create a flat surface on your largest ball at its bottom so that it would be able to sit on a table.
- Then, you need to set the largest ball on your dining table before you use a toothpick and push it halfway through the top centre of the Styrofoam ball. After that, you have to press your second largest ball, followed by pressing the smallest ball into the toothpick in order to form the snowman’s head.
- Next step that you have to do is to cut eight small circles out of your black felt by using the craft scissors. Two of the felt circles can be used as snowman’s eyes and need to be attached to the small Styrofoam ball using tacky glue, three felt circles as its mouth while another three to be attached vertically down the centre of your middle Styrofoam ball as your snowman’s buttons.
- At the second Styrofoam ball, you have to insert two toothpicks or thin twigs into either side of it to create the snowman’s arms.
- Then, you need to add on his nose by snipping the end of an orange chenille pipe cleaner off by using wire cutters and press it into your snowman’s face.
- Finally, you can create a scarf by wrapping a festive red and green ribbon or felt piece or fabric strip in between the top and the middle Styrofoam balls.
Simply Handmade: 365 Easy Gifts & Decorations You Can Make (Crafts)
McCall’s 4530 Crafts Sewing Pattern Christmas Thanksgiving Halloween Easter Dolls Table Centerpieces