The commercial cleaning products which are available in the market today contain lots of harmful chemicals that increase the air pollution in your house and also the environment. It is not difficult for you to create green cleaning products because the ingredients to be used in making it can be found around your house. The green cleaning solutions not only help improve your house indoor air quality, it is also less expensive than the commercial cleaning products.
Green Cleaning Products
What you need:
- Liquid soap
- White Vinegar
- Warm water
- Lemon Juice
- Baking Soda
- Lemon fruit
- Spray bottle
- To make an all purpose cleaner for cleaning counter tops, floors, walls, carpets or upholstery, you can mix together 1 quart of warm water, 1 teaspoon of liquid soap, 1 teaspoon of borax, along with 1/4 cup of white vinegar. Once you finish mixing them together, pour them into a spray bottle and they are ready to be used for cleaning purpose.
- For cleaning glass and mildew cleaning, you just need to mix equal parts white vinegar and water, pour it into a spray bottle and you would be able to clean your glass or mildew. For the glass, you can also use a newspaper to wipe it clean after spraying the mixture. If you are sensitive to the smell of vinegar, you also can mix 1 quart of warm water, along with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice as an alternative choice of green solution.
- In order to make green products to be used as a drain opener, simply dissolve 1 cup of baking soda together with 1 cup of white vinegar in boiling water. After that, pour them down the drain before continuing to flush the drain using hot tap water until you manage to break the clog. Always make an effort to flush your drain using boiling water once a week so that you can avoid clog buildup.
- If you want to make a scouring powder for cleaning tubs, tiles, sinks, counter tops or dishes, you can use some borax, which is good for removing stains from porcelain sinks, baking soda to cleaning your casserole dish or salt to clean metal barbeque grills. All of the items mentioned can be used with a damp sponge before scouring the affected area and then rinsing it. Other alternative is for you to rub the affected area using half of a lemon that you dipped in borax.
- As for cleaning linoleum and floor tile, you can mix a gallon of hot or warm water together with 1/2 cup of vinegar. This method will help you clean your linoleum and tiles.
- Finally, you can make a toilet bowl cleaner by putting 1/4 cup of borax in your toilet bowl and leave it to set overnight before scrubbing it on the next day. Apart from that, you can also use 1/2 cup of borax and 1 gallon of water as your toilet bowl cleaner.
How To Make Green Cleaning Products: Eco Friendly Products Made from Kitchen Ingredients
Green Clean: The Environmentally Sound Guide to Cleaning Your Home