Self-clean your Air Conditioner
An air conditioner unit needs regular maintenance which helps increase its life span. If your air conditioner unit is not maintained according to proper guidelines, the unit will break down and cost you more expenses compared to units which have regular servicing. If you are not sure of doing the maintenance especially if it involves the cleaning of sockets and other complex part of the air conditioner, you should seek help from a professional technician. The information provided below should be able to help you to maintain well your air conditioner and avoid it from having any problems.
What you need to do:
- Ensure the condensing unit is not covered
- Change air filters regularly
- Check the access panels
- Hire professionals
- First thing to do is to ensure that the system\’s condensing unit is not covered so that it can provide air flow for the cooling system and your room can receive fresh cool air efficiently. Any items near or on top of the condensing unit need to be removed.
- Always change the air filters according to a regular schedule because the air filters is the most important thing and if it is not cleaned properly the efficiency of the air conditioner will be reduced thus resulting in it working more. In the end your electrical bill will definitely increase.
- Also check the access panels whether it is in place and secured properly.
- You also have to ensure that the air conditioner drain channels are not condensate because if the drain channel is clogged, it will prevent it from reducing your home\’s humidity. This will in the end produce moisture that may discolor your walls or even carpet.
- The next thing to check is the air conditioner thermostat where it should be set to a cooling mode for providing the area to be cooler.
- Do a routine check on the air conditioning unit making sure it is in good condition and is working well rather than waiting until you hit the summer time which is normally a warm and humid season.
- If you think that you are not able to do any maintenance for your air conditioner system on your own, you can simply hire a professional air conditioning servicing company to service the unit. For getting the highest level of efficiency from your air conditioner system, you should keep the unit clean.