Wood Laminate Floor
The difference between wood laminate floors and the hardwood floors is that the wood type is less expensive and much easier to install. Most homeowners prefer to install wood laminate flooring by themselves since these flooring can be installed over any surface. This is a good reason why wood laminate flooring is the most suitable alternative of installing hardwood floors. When it comes to clean the wood laminate flooring, it is just as easy as long you have the suitable cleaning supplies at your house. Here\’s how you can clean wood laminate flooring.
You will need:
- Broom with soft bristle and dustpan
- dry towels
- swiffer sweeper dry
- damp cloth
- damp towels
- wood laminate cleaner of your choice
- First, you have to clean the surface of the floor by sweeping any dust and debris before you start to clean it. Dust the wood laminate floor with a swiffer dry cloth that you can purchase in any home improvement store. This tool will help you clean any remaining dust and debris that you can\’t remove with the broom. But you might want to be careful when sweeping or mopping a wood laminate floor as some of the broom and mop type that comes with metal or wood part can scratch the floor surface.
- Then, spray the floor with a wood laminate floor cleaner. You can find a wood laminate floor cleaner at your local home improvement store. You have to make sure that the product is labeled clearly for cleaning wood laminate floors or ask for the store assistant to help you to find it. After the spraying, use a damp towel to clean it. Avoid using soapy cleaning agents to your laminate floors.
- Next, wipe up any remaining water on the wood laminate floor with dry towels. You need to clean up any remaining water spots in order to keep your floor moisture-free. This will prevent your floor from getting damaged by the moisture.
- If you prefer to clean your wood laminate flooring in a more natural way, you can make a cleaning solution from the things that you can find at your kitchen. Make a solution by mixing 1/3 part of water, 1/3 of white vinegar and 1/3 of rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. Spray the cleaning solution on the sections that need to be cleaned and then wipe out with a damp towel as you clean.