The only thing that you want for your window glass, glass tabletop or glass cabinet is to be sparkling clear and free from any scratches. However, you still have to be faced with tiny scratches on the surface of your glass. You might have to apply help from a professional if the scratches are deep enough to insert your fingernail in to, but you still can use household products including toothpaste to repair these tiny scratches. Here are the steps on how to do it.
You will need:
- Soft lint-free cloth.
- Razor blade.
- Paste or gel toothpaste.
- Paper towel.
- First, put a little bit of toothpaste to a paper towel before smearing it over the glass area where the scratch is. Make sure to cover the scratch with the toothpaste completely.
- Lightly rub the toothpaste to buff the scratch over the scratched area of the glass for at least 30 seconds in circular motions.
- Use a damp cloth or with a mix of vinegar and water filled in a spray bottle and paper towel to clean the remaining toothpaste on the glass. You can repeat this process until there is no scratch seen.
- To fill the scratch with toothpaste, use a new razor blade to scrape the excess dried toothpaste from the surface of the glass. Scrape the dried toothpaste carefully so there will be no new scratches.
- Finally, wipe any excess of toothpaste from the glass by using a dry and soft lint-free cloth.