The Keurig coffee machine comes with a good design of brewing system that can make your coffee in just below one minute for one cup. Due to its stylish looks along with a convenient brewing system, this coffee maker has become very popular among consumers in the United States. Though it is good, in terms of brewing your coffee, it still needs to be maintained and be kept clean after every usage or you can do a period maintenance of every three to six months so that the coffee maker will last much longer.
One way to help reduce the global warming of our beloved earth is by finding ways to be more eco-friendly to save your environment from destruction and at the same time also to save cost. You do not have to use expensive items in going green in the kitchen if it is done properly and in the correct manner. In order to be green in your kitchen, you can try several methods of practice when cleaning your appliances.
Apart from cleaning your coffee maker using coffee cleaner solutions, you can also use the inexpensive solution just by using white vinegar. The difficult part in cleaning a coffee maker is when it comes to the internal part and it is important to clean your coffee maker thoroughly so that you can enjoy a nice coffee rather than tasting coffee sludge day in and day out.
The cleanliness and condition of the Keurig coffee machine will depend on certain criteria such as the area that you live in, the level of mineral content inside your water, calcium deposits and also how much scale has been formed inside the coffee maker. All of this will in the end affect the taste of your coffee.
Check out: Top Ten Coffee Machines For Home
To clean a Keurig Coffee machine, you need:
- Non-Abrasive cloth
- White vinegar
Cleaning a Keurig Coffee Machine
How to Clean a Keurig Coffee Machine
- First thing to do is to make sure that you unplug the power supply from the coffee machine and then allow the machine to cool for a while before you start doing your cleaning task.
- Then, take a non-abrasive cloth
- Make sure that the cloth is clean and damp
- Use the cloth to wipe and clean your machine’s exterior
- Next, you have to slide the machine’s drip tray in order for you to remove it so that you can wash the dip tray.
Always wash your dip tray using warm and soapy water. Besides that, you can also use your dishwasher and ensure to place the dip tray on top of your dishwasher’s rack.
- The next step is to remove its K-cup holder
- In order to do that, you need to grasp the top using one hand before you start to push up from the bottom using the other hand.
- To remove the holder, you need to pull its funnel
- Once done, you can proceed to wash your K-cup holder along with the funnel using warm soapy water or use the dishwasher to wash it.
- As for the water reservoir inside the machine, you have to remove them by
- Washing it at your sink using warm water or use the dishwasher to wash it.
Kindly take note that the water reservoir’s lid is not dishwasher-safe, you need to wash it manually.
- Next step to do is to replace all parts of your Keurig coffee machine that have been cleaned thoroughly
- Then, you have to drain the water from the coffee maker
- After that, take the machine’s water reservoir and fill it with
- 48-ounce of undiluted white vinegar
- Then, you need to place a ceramic cup on the machine’s dip tray
For the model B100, you need to use 64 ounce of vinegar. As for the mini personal brewer you should use 8 ounce of vinegar
- Next step to do is to brew the vinegar at least four times where every time after you finished brewing the vinegar, you need to pour it into the sink.
- Take the water reservoir and start to fill it using fresh water and leave it for at least four hours
For stains on coffee makers, you have to mix a bit of white vinegar along with a bit of water. Apply the solution on the affected stain by using a spray bottle to enable it to saturate. Then, leave it for a while at least fifteen minutes, before you can use a sponge to clean the affected area through a rubbing motion.
- Finally, you can proceed with the brewing process again right until the water reservoir is emptied and do not have anymore water.
Always remember that the most important thing when you are dealing with electrical products
- To make sure the item does not submerge into water.
If you are looking to upgrade your coffee machine at home then check out this top ten list of coffee machines first.
Check out: Top Ten Coffee Machines For Home