A wall fan is used because of the limited space either in your bedroom, warehouses, factories or small office store, plus it is also being used for cooling, ventilation and exhaust. The wall fan takes up little space in a particular area, provides a large amount of air moving power and its swivel function helps provide climate control for a large area. In an industrial area where it has common problem such as heat, stagnant air, stratification and dampness, usually wall fans are heavily being used. To assemble and install a wall fan is a straightforward task and it also involves basic knowledge in electrical wiring and mechanical skills. Below are some of the steps to install a wall fan.
What you need:
- Wall fan
- Stud finder
- Mounting kit
- Step Ladder
- First of all, you need to assemble the wall fan like positioning the rear guard over the motor shaft, ensuring that the notches are correctly aligned and then secure them with the locking nut. After that, you have to align the fan blade along with the flat part on the motor shaft and ensure that you have secured it by tightening the blade cap by turning it counter-clockwise.
- After that, attach the front guard centre hook to the middle of the rear guard and secure it by pushing the guards together until they click into position. Then, close the locking clip, while the guard bottom nuts and screws must also be secured for extra safety precautions.
- Then, find or fix a stud on the wall for mounting up the wall fan and also securing its mounting plate onto it. After you have secured the mounting plate, you need to attach the mounting bracket which is attached to the fan\’s plate.
- The next steps are mounting the wall bracket for the wall fans. Try to choose a convenient location and mount the wall bracket firmly to the wall preferably close to a power outlet. Insert the fan onto the bracket by sliding the notch (at the back of the fan base) onto the bracket. Always remember to ensure that the fan is securely positioned onto the bracket.
- Always make sure to mount the fan according to a suitable height especially if you have small children where you need to mount it from out of their reach for safety reasons. Therefore, mount the wall fan to a height where it can be easily turned on or off. For installing it at higher heights, a lot of wall fans nowadays come with a pull string for easy operation.