Maintain the Proper Humidity Levels in Your Home
We have to make sure that our house has the proper humidity level especially during the winter when the heaters are working in full steam. In many cases, furnaces can remove too much of moisture from the air and generate static electricity as well. If the air is too dry and filled with dust and bacteria, we will only be faced with faster aging and drying, respiratory problems and many other health-related problems. 40 percent to 60 percent of humidity level is the optimal condition which human is most comfortable with, the some goes to the air temperature of 66 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit. 45 percent of a relative humidity is ideal for the indoor health and comfort. With proper humidity levels, a home feels warmer than a dry home during the winter or even at lower temperatures. Here are the steps on how to make sure your house maintains its proper humidity levels.
You will need:
- House plants
- First, you must always take notice to the frequently air rooms. The quantity of pollutants in the air can be reduced with proper ventilation and can help to maintain humidity as well.
- Plants are among the best purify elements for the air by preventing harmful substances and increase the humidity of the air. Fern and Scheffler are the best types of plants that can be used as a natural humidifier.
- The green color of the plants is also beneficial as it helps one feel calmer and fresher. Another natural element that you can add to your house is the tropical fish. The covers of the aquarium created with holes can help the water to evaporate. The permanent evaporation of water can create human-friendly conditions for us.
- If you have the budget to spend more, a good quality of humidifier is also the best investment to your home humidity level. Nowadays, you can find variety of humidifiers with a whole different range of prices.
- Choose the best and most suitable humidifiers for your home. There is an evaporative humidifier which is the most common type of humidifier. The evaporative humidifier is build with a reservoir that holds cold water and dispenses it into a basin.
- A wicking filter will help to absorb the waters from the basin and a fan will blow the air through the moistened filter. As the air passes through the filter, some of the water will evaporate into the room.
- Humidifiers with ultrasonic machines tend to work silently. They have the capacity of holding one to three gallons of water and radiating high frequency ultrasonic wave water to produce fine mists.
- Some have additional features that will cost you more such as the purifying air. You also need to be careful not to overdo when humidifying.
- Molds and fungi can grow when there is too high humidity level and could also cause the surfaces of the furniture to swell.