The starting point for any bathroom remodeling project regardless the sizes are the bathroom floor plans. You don\’t have to use extensive bathroom floor plans if your entire project consists of a set of new bathroom fixtures like a new toilet, a new countertop, sink combination unit, a new vanity, and sink combination unit. If your project is a complete tear out then you definitely want to start off by constructing a set of bathroom floor plans. It is easy to do once you follow these steps on how to make your bathroom floor plans.
Things that you need:
- plain papers
- measure tape
- graph paper
- First, you need to make a freehand sketch of your bathroom\’s floor shape. This will be the beginning of your bathroom plans. You don\’t have to be worried if you are not concentrating much on your drawing for this first step. All you have to do at this point is to roughly sketch freehand as what the floor of your current bathroom looks like.
- Next, ask someone to assist you and a good quality tape measure for a better result (25ft or more). Then, take the measurements of all the different parts of your drawing and write the measurements onto your sketch.
- Get some basic graph paper with ¼ squares. Then transform your drawing into an actual scale drawing. You just have to take the overall size of the bathroom and the size of your paper. Now, you can consider and decide what scale your drawing needs to be. For example, if you have a small bathroom with no shower or tub or just a “half bath”, the measurement normally should measure roughly about 8 feet x 8 feet. If you are using a standard graph paper (81/2″ x 11″), the one inch on the scale drawing would best represent one foot of actual size.
- Bear in mind that most drawings are done at a ¼ scale. ¼ inch on the graph paper equals one foot the actual size. Then, get your scale drawing as accurate as you can be. You have to draw as accurately as you can, because this is the starting point of your entire remodeling project. This drawing will become the crucial foundation of your project.
- When your scale drawing is finished, make a dozen copies of the drawing. Now you can experiment with your bathroom\’s design on the copies of bathroom floor plans. This will make you feel easier on starting for your bathroom remodeling project.