Clean Kitchen Countertops
It\’s not nice to have dirty and messed up kitchen countertops. The kitchen has to be clean as this is where we cook our food and this is where all the delicate things are located. For the kitchen to be dirty spells out bad hygiene. If we leave it unclean and messy for a long period of time, a heavy drop of bacteria will be found lingering around the place. Aside from bacteria, the kitchen might not last longer if left in this state.
Speaking of the kitchen, kitchen countertops form a huge part of the kitchen. It is where we eat, where we cook our veggies and feed the kids. Kitchen countertops must always be clean and safe for you to prepare your daily hygienic food, organize dishes and work with cooking gadgets. There are several ways for you to clean countertops and below are some tips for you to keep it clean and free of germs.
What you need:
- Warm water
- Soft cloth
- Dry towels
- Dishwashing liquid detergent
- Baking soda
- Lemon slices
- Household chlorine bleach
- Firstly, you need to clean all the dirt, dust, crumbs and other leftover food pieces by using a moist sponge or soft cloth. As for stubborn dirt, use warm water dip in a mild dishwashing liquid detergent and for areas that need extra attention, use the soapy solution and pour it on the area in order to loosen up the stubborn dirt before you rinse it with warm water. Then wipe it dry using a clean towel.
- You may also use a sponge or soft cloth to moisten the countertops before sprinkling the countertop with baking soda. Rub the baking soda the moist cloth over any of the stains before rinsing the countertop and wipe it dry using a clean towel.
- As for a solid-surface synthetics and engineered stone, you can use all-purpose cleaners, mild dish washing detergent and degreasers or window cleaners. Make sure you rinse the countertop and wipe it dry using paper towels or kitchen cloths.
- If you have a stone countertop, you must always remember that whatever spills and messes need to be cleaned up quickly so that the stone will not absorb the liquid. Once you have finished washing, rinsing off the countertop with clean water, you must dry it with a terry cloth. If the need arises, you may also polish the stone according to the recommended solution provided by the manufacturer.
- You can also use a soft bristled brush or a pH balanced cleaner which are suitable with the surface of your countertops. This material can be used to scrub down the surfaces of the countertop and always remember to follow the directions provided by the solution manufacturer to ensure that it is correctly used and able to clean off correctly.
- Other solutions that you may use are a sulfuric or phosphoric acid for cleaning your kitchen countertops but this material needs to carefully be used and in a proper manner.
Household Cleaning: Self-Sufficiency (The Self-Sufficiency Series)