In order to make your first baby’s birthday centerpieces for a momentous and memorable occasion to remember, you can create it yourself using some basic crafting materials that can be found in your house. You can also make a big number “1” that would stand out on the tables during the party, which you make on your own. By doing so, you could save on the cost rather than buying the pre-made centerpieces from a florist or from a professional designer.
What you need to do:
- Craft knife
- Spray paint
- Hot glue gun
- Silk flowers
- Wire cutters
- First of all, you should trace a large number “1” on a sheet of craft foam by using a pencil. You would be able to purchase craft foam in sheets from your local craft stores. The next step for you to do is to cut out the shape that you have traced earlier from the craft foam using a craft knife carefully.
- Once finished, you need to lay the cut out foam onto a sheet of used newspaper before you could apply a coat of spray paint. Some of us prefer to use blue color paint for the son and pink color paint for the daughter. But, the color is up to you to choose depending on the theme that you want to create for the party. Ensure that you allow the craft foam to dry thoroughly.
- The next step is for you to attach the painted craft foam onto a square cardboard by using a hot glue gun in order for the shape that you have designed to stand up vertically.
- After that, you need to cut the buds of some of your fake flowers from its stems by using a scissor or wire cutter (if only the stems are made of wire). To make the craft foam more attractive, you need to glue the buds around the bottom of the number “1” that you have created so that it would cover the cardboard used using your hot glue gun.
- You need to do the same steps as mentioned in Steps 1 through 4 in order for you to have the exact number of centerpieces required for all the tables that you have set-up for the party.
- Another option for your first baby’s birthday centerpieces is to decorate balloons, which adds a festive touch to any event, inexpensive and also a versatile solution. The balloons centerpieces need to be fill-up with helium bundle it along with ribbon and affix them to a weighted base. For your baby’s first birthday celebration, you can use ABC blocks, stuffed animals, rattles, or toys to weight your balloon centerpieces. It is recommended that your balloons are of the same size and much more attractive if you use pre-printed balloons, according to the theme of your party or for more elegant centerpieces you can use rich or metallic-toned balloons.
Birthday Party (Easy Holiday Centerpieces in Plastic Canvas, Hide a gift in this special centerpiece to surprise your birthday boy or girl)