Garage Door Threshold
By installing the garage door threshold, you will be able to protect the garage floor against the weather damage; also you will protect the area from the invasion of pests and incoming debris but if you are not sure, you can always check the owner\’s user manual before starting to do any installation. The information provided below should be able to help you install your garage door threshold and ensuring it to work smoothly and safely.
What you need to consider doing:
- Garage door threshold kit
- Industrial adhesive
- Utility knife
- Soap and water
- First of all, you need to make sure the area where you want to install the garage door threshold is clean because if it is not clean, the adhesive will be able to function properly. Ensure that you clean the dust and debris with at least 2-inch leeway on each side of the closed garage door. When the garage door is open, you must ensure that its edge is clean so that you can form a tight seal along with the new installed threshold. Then, leave the required area to completely dry before laying down any of the adhesive.
- After that, you need to do a testing by unrolling the rubber garage door threshold. This is to enable you to see the length needed for your threshold. The unrolling of the rubber stopper needs to be directly beneath the garage door. Then, any excess on its end needs to be cut off and ensure that it meets the door jambs on the side thus forming a tight seal protecting it against the weather when it is closed.
- You must test the seal by closing the door. Make sure the bulge in the rubber formed must be inside of the garage door while the bulge has to be even across the garage door.
- Next, you have to trace both of the inside and outside of the garage door threshold where you will be laying down the adhesive. Then, you need to raise the door and remove the threshold before installing the adhesive.
- The adhesive needs to be laid down in a zigzag formation for a maximum adhesive surface when the threshold is laid down and must be aligned along the lines that you have traced earlier so that it will form a tight seal.
- After that, lay down the rubber threshold between the lines by applying pressure so that it will provide tight seal and adhesion with the floor.
- Finally, you need to allow the adhesive to dry thoroughly of up to 24 hours before starting to use the garage door.
By now you should be able to understand how to install your garage door threshold and making sure it works smoothly and safely.