There are many types of weed plant killers available in the market nowadays. Although they are very affective, commercial weed killers can be very costly to purchase. These killers also utilize harmful chemicals that many people should avoid. If you want to spend less money yet still have an effective weed plant killer, you can use ingredients that you have in your kitchen at the ease of your home. Here are the steps on how to kill weeds plants using your own homemade weed killer.
Things that you need:
- white vinegar
- liquid dish detergent
- outdoor sprayer
- First, pour one gallon of vinegar into an all-purpose outdoor sprayer or any container of your choice. The other type of vinegar that you can use is white distilled vinegar or apple-cider vinegar.
- Then, add one cup of salt. You can use any brand of salt as you wish. Add two tablespoons of liquid dish detergent. However, avoid using any scented detergents.
- Next, stir up to mix all of the ingredients. If you have mixed the ingredients in a garden or lawn sprayer, put the lid or cover on securely and then shake to mix.
- You can spray directly onto weeds or you can pour directly into the cracks of driveways and walkways where the weeds are growing. Be caution not to get mixture into your eyes, mouth or nose. Wear face cover when spraying.
- This weed killer preparation will make one gallon of homemade weed killer. This will efficiently kill the plant such as poison ivy, poison sumac and poison oak too. Be careful on where you are going to use this weed killer as it practically kills all vegetation. Avoid spraying the mixture closely to any vegetation you do not wish to kill, especially on the grass.