Aluminum cans are the most favorite recycled materials among consumer nowadays. It is also easier to recycle cans because in most public areas you will find recycling containers next to the garbage containers. Besides that, you can also receive a small amount of money for recycling cans from your buy-back recycling center. If you recycle cans, the environmental problem can be reduced because the process of the aluminum cans involve the mining of raw material and also quite polluting. By recycling the aluminum, it also helps to save precious metals from being stripped in order to make the cans, where by this process is also quite polluting to the environment. Below are some of the tips and ideas on how to recycle cans.
What you need:
- Aluminum cans/tins
- Yellow pages
- Recycle bin
- First of all, you need to gather information on how and where to recycle aluminum cans, tin and foil from your local county\’s Department of Public Works or browse through the yellow pages or even check your nearby area whether there are any curbside recycling programs for cans.
- Next, always rinse your aluminum cans/tins, caps, lids and foil before placing them in the same recycle bin.
- You can also look inside the yellow pages for the entire list and information of your nearest community drop-off centers for dropping off your aluminum cans/tin, caps, lids and foil.
- Always remember and avoid recycling spray cans, paint cans or cans that contain hazardous materials. You need to check with your local recycling program center or the Department of Public Works on whether these types of cans can be recycled or not, and if they can, where is the place to recycle them.
- Try to contact your local buy-back center for recycled bottle/cans and schedule your plan with them on when to drop off your large number of aluminum cans in return for cash.
- For those who are able to contact Earth\’s 911, you can simply dial 1-800-CLEANUP (1-800-253-2687) to know the nearest collection centers within the distance of your house location. The number will ask for your zip code and automatically you will be able to know the exact locations almost immediately.