Maintenance on the air conditioner compressor needs to be done regularly or changed for every 2 to 3 months depending on the usage of the air conditioning system. Do not wait for dust to settle inside your compressor and this is very important. Ensure that you and your family can breathe clean air and reduce less allergy symptoms by using a clean air conditioner, plus an air conditioner which is dirty can also increase your consumption of electricity. In order to do maintenance or repair your air conditioner compressor leak, below are some of the information that may be useful to you.
What you need:
- Cup Measure
- Water Hose with Nozzle Attachment
- Leak Sealant
- The first thing that you have to do is to remove the air conditioner unit from the window and place it on a firmed surface which is either on top of an old boards or a concrete slab. Then, you need to remove the housing of the air conditioning unit by using a screwdriver.
- Next thing to do is to use a cup of bleach and pour it into the drain tray. Allow it to sit inside the tray for at least 10 minutes. This reason for doing this is for removing bacteria and also other debris that has collected inside the unit and settled into the drain tray.
- After that, remove the air conditioner filters before using the water hose with its nozzle attached to spray inside it. Slowly using moderate stream of water to dislodge any debris that has collected over the time inside the unit, around the compressor or coils.
- After you have finished spraying the inside of the unit, then add another cup of bleach to the drain tray allowing it also to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Allow the unit to dry thoroughly under the sun for up to an hour before placing its cover back on the front and reinstall the unit accordingly.
- Start running the unit and monitor its condition whether there are any leaks or the existing leaks still happened. If you notice the leak still happen, you simply remove its cover and spray the inside using a leak sealant in order to seal the leaking area.