It is important to have a clean air conditioner system in your house because it will determine its efficiency and life time. You must always make sure the air conditioner condensation line clean and free of sludge and debris. By having some knowledge on how to maintain and clean the condensation line, you will be saving up a lot of money in terms of hiring professional technician for a few minutes work. In order to repair an air conditioner condensate line clogging, below are some of the information that may be useful to you.
What you need to know:
- A dual function wet or dry vacuum cleaner
- Plumbers tape
- Screw driver
- Paper towels
- A copy of the Air Conditioner\’s manual
- For those who are not familiar with an air conditioning unit, it is recommended that you read the manuals to get familiar with workings and functionality of the air condition unit.
- The first thing that you must do is to turn off the power and locate the condensation line of your air conditioner. Ensure the safety first whenever you are dealing with anything to do with electrical items. In order to locate the condensation line, you have to look for the box that houses your air conditioner unit compressor. This box is normally made of metal and will be in operation when the air condition is turned on. The condensation line is made of PVC pipe and it normally comes in white colour.
- In order to check the condensation line, you need to remove it starting with the compressor box and start to unscrew its base. Then, lift the compressor box off carefully and gently. Once you have located the condensation pipe, you can start to remove it apart from its original position.
- You can start cleaning the condensation line by holding a vacuum cleaner up to the exposed pipe to vacuum any sludge, dirt or debris which is stuck in the condensation line all this while. After you have finished vacuuming, you must reassemble the condensation line. It is recommended that you wrap the threading using plumbers tape to ensure that it is tight fit when you start screwing the pipe back together.
- Finally, you need to turn on the power and test the air conditioning unit for ensuring its efficiency of the condensation line.