It does not matter if you are using furnaces running on fuel oil, propane, or natural gas because whatever the source is the end results is you create heat with a flame. Every time the furnace is turned on, the source will be used and furthermore the house heat increases with the furnace being turned on for longer periods of time it runs instead of burning hotter. Do some investment by installing energy saving furnace to cut down on carbon footprint, energy bills and also save money. In order to save energy for your furnace, below are some of the things that you can do.
What you need:
- Set Thermostat to low setting at night, during vacation or during the winter
- Less burning of furnace during the night
- Set Thermostat to normal temperature in the morning
- To turn down your furnace Thermostat to the lowest setting for example, in the range of 58 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit at night.
- During the night, the furnace does not have to be burnt for a long period in maintaining this lower temperature because it burns much less in the night. Therefore, the less burning that you do, lesser fuel consumption, propane or natural gas you will be using daily.
- Turn the Thermostat to its normal temperature in the morning because it quickly heats up the house.
- If you leave your house during the winter, set the Thermostat to lower temperature.
- Always remember that you will be saving on fuel consumption by setting the Thermostat down and up accordingly, while constantly setting the Thermostat temperature all day and night thus wasting lots of fuel and increasing your utility bills.