You can make creative gifts from candle wax which has already dripped off another candle and create a unique brand new candle along with scented, colourful or just a simple one. Reusing old candles can save money and is also a good project to do with your children. Below are some of the tips and ideas on how to use candle wax to make new candles.
What you need:
- Used wax
- Pyrex cup
- Pot holder or Oven mitt
- Votive holder
- Scented Oils
- Stirring Stick
- Firstly, you need to scrape at least 4 to 5 ounces of used wax by using a butter knife of small scraper. Keep the wax in a dry and cool place such as in plastic bag.
- Then, you need to break the wax into smaller pieces, enough to fill your votive holder. In order to determine the right measurement, use a Pyrex measuring cup with double amount that you need. For example, if you want 2 ounces of melted wax, you can fill the cup up to the 4-ounce line.
- Next, is to melt the wax using the microwave. Make sure that you do not overheat the wax because if it gets too liquid, you will be having more time to set up or lose its properties all together. Remember to heat the wax at the 30 second intervals.
- Then, take out the wax and stir it before you start to continue heating and mixing until it melts. Careful when dealing with the Pyrex glass, always use an oven mitt and to stir the wax you need to use a stirring stick.
- After it melts, add some scented oils of your preferred choice and pour a few drops into the wax and stir it at least for 30 seconds.
- When the scented oil has been mixed along with the melted candle wax, pour it into the votive holder. Always be extra careful when lifting the Pyrex cup using your oven mitt and center it directly (not too quickly) over the votive holder.
- When the wax has cool off, carefully insert its wick into the middle of your wax and should stand up straight. If it cannot stick, just wait for a few minutes to enable the wax harden before you can try again.