Bathroom Floor Tiles
It is important to choose the right tiles for your bathroom floor because the floor tile will become permanent once it is installed. Bathroom tile is available in many shapes, sizes, textures, designs and colors. Here are the steps on how to choose bathroom floor tiles.
You will need:
- Home improvement magazines
- First, try browsing on home improvement magazines or websites and see if you spot anything that you fancy or think would suit your bathroom. Collect any pictures of bathroom floors that you like. By gathering samples, you will easily determine the type of floor tile to buy and it will also help to give you a point of reference for tile designs.
- Set up your budget and choose a bathroom tile based on your budget. There are several types that you can choose from including stone tile, ceramic tile, glass tile, limestone and vinyl tile. Stone tiles are very durable and visually appealing, but are the most expensive floor tiles around. Stone tiles also get slippery when they are wet.
- Ceramic tiles are good options for bathroom floors because they are not expensive and are extremely durable, easy to install and water resistant. It does come with designs that look like stones, which are initially cheap based on price.
- Porcelain tiles are slightly more expensive than ceramic tiles and are very durable and stain resistant. While vinyl floor tiles are not expensive, they are also durable and easy to install, but they can easily harbor germs and peel up after several years.
- Then, determine the size, texture, shape, design and color of the floor tiles that you want to install. Larger floor tiles are easier to clean and make the bathroom look bigger, and they are best for repeat patterns.
- Smaller tiles are harder to clean but they are easier to walk on because the grout provides more traction to the underfoot.
- Choose textured bathroom tiles if you need a good traction when the floor is wet.
- Choose floor tiles with natural colors that most home buyers will find refreshing such as taupe, gray, ivory and almond.
- Tiles with darker colors tend to make the bathrooms looks smaller.
- Next, take photographs of the bathroom floor you plan to tile. Share the photographs and magazine samples with the tiles\’ store staff. They could help you choose the file flooring that fits your budget. Ask to see the selection of tiles that are in discount offer as well.
Basically, it is better to choose a type of tiles that is durable, within your budget and easy to install if you\’re planning to do it by yourself.