As the season change, our tastes change as well and this applies to our homes. When we have a house, it’s not fun to leave it as it is forever. Some people love change. Some people can’t stand seeing the same thing every day. It isn’t fun to see the same thing every day in the house so here comes the change. To change the house’s design or style, there are many ideas that one can obtain to achieve the perfect look.
For starters, many love to change their house based on the current season. In other words, changing one’s home based on the season is fun. Choosing a theme is the easiest of all. It’s not difficult to identify a theme with a particular season. It’s fun for those who live in the house to witness a different look every 4-6 months based on how long the season lasts for.
Once the warm summer days leave us and make way for the cool autumn climate, we should start to think of how to decorate our house interior to cater for the long days and nights that we will be staying indoors during this cold period. Autumn always comes with style that represents rich colors and also cozy type of fabrics, which can inspire all of us in doing decorative interior during this season. Below are some of the autumn style that can help you be more creative this coming season.
What you need:
- Group living furniture into cozy setting
- Warm are rugs
- Try to arrange your living furniture into groups of cozy setting. For example, keep your coffee tables and end tables always ready to hold a good book or a cup of mulled cider. Then cover your hardwood floors using warm rugs.
- Use a light window treatments to allow lots of sunlight enter your house during the day. In addition, you can add warm autumn color like a valance of brocade or chintz in a rich gold, amber or crimson tone.
- Use autumn design tablecloths with patterns such as falling leaves, gourds, or gingham that will add more warmth to your kitchen or dining hall.
- Use decorative pumpkins, gourds or fruits with a simple autumn accent as your dining table centerpieces.
- You can also use candles to add some flicker flames of an old fashion fireplace surrounding and be extra careful when using the candles because these are flammable items.
- Use a slipcover that has a brilliant autumn hue for covering up your old sofa along with matching throw pillows.
Cecil Hayes 9 Steps to Beautiful Living: Dream, Design, and Decorate Your Home with Style
Textile Style: The Art of Using Antique and Exotic Fabrics to Decorate Your Home