Nowadays, it is a common thing to see home security system in every household around the world especially in developed countries and this might be due to the fact that it makes the house much less a desirable target for thieves, plus some of the system are much more cheaper than a few years ago. Some of the security systems would be able to alert the local authorities immediately once your house has been broken into whenever you are not at home or even when you are sleeping at the night.
What you need to do:
- A burglar alarm system
- Sensors for each door and window
- Motion sensors to cover the entire house
- Glass break sensors (optional)
- Wireless camera (optional)
- Wireless receiver (optional)
- Composite video cable (optional)
- Monitor (optional)
Home Security System
- Firstly, you need to determine whether to use the fully wired type home security system, fully wireless or even the hybrid of the two mentioned earlier.
- The installation of your main alarm component should be made in an area, which is not easily seen by everybody such as in a closet or in a hidden place that is within your house. Then, you need to install the key pad, which is close to each of your outside door entrance and for a wired system; you have to run the wires to the main alarm panel.
- You should also install an open and close sensor on every door and window that you have and if you are using a wired system; you need to run the wire for each back to the main alarm panel.
- You can also install motion sensors throughout your house, which will enable you to detect anybody who is moving within your house that did not set off one of the installed perimeter alarms. Ensure that the coverage does not have holes, which are large enough for a person to make their way within the house without being detected. If you are using wired system, you need to wire up each of the equipments to the control panel and label, which equipments or components are connected to each input.
- You must always consult your home security System Company or installer for information on how to program the system.
- Once all the system have been installed, you should make sure that you set up a ‘home’ for arming the system only for the perimeter sensors especially for windows and doors, while the set up ‘away’ for arming the system for detecting every sensor, which include the windows, doors and also motion sensors.
- If you have extra budget, you can set up monitoring the system with a monitoring company that will be alerted whenever your alarm starts to trigger off because some of the burglar alarms are unable to be set up to alert the police directly.
- You should also place some labels indicating that your windows and doors are installed with alarm system.
The Complete Book of Home, Site and Office Security: Selecting, Installing and Troubleshooting Systems and Devices
Home Security Systems: Reliable Safety Measures For Home Defense